It’s Friday! Grab a beer and check out the work of some fine prop-makers from across the internet:
- MRX Designs has a lot of great CthulhuÂ related projects with photographs and descriptions. Some of the stuff is a lot of fun, like a giant inflatable Cthulhu head.
- Anyone doing Angels in America might be interested in this tutorial on articulated angel wings. Thanks to Lost in Schlock for finding this.
- Saw this in Make Magazine: Daniel Deutsch built a full-size drivable Landspeeder from Star Wars. The site has great process shots and descriptions of how he did, along with some of the other great projects he’s constructed for various theme parks and companies.
- Blind Squirrel Props is a replica prop maker with a great blog in the same vein as Volpin Props. In fact the two have collaborated on some projects. There is a great tutorial on an Outlaw Star Caster Gun which Blind Squirrel designed and built, and Volpin made molds of.
- Check out Kronos Props as well, another replica prop maker. I love the precision and attention to detail these guys pull off.